Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Witch Child By: Celia Rees




This book is based on the diaries of Mary Newberry that escapes the witch-hunts in England to come settle into America, and her struggles and fears.


This book sounded so interesting as the stories of the salem witch trials and witch-hunts always intrigued me, but this story didn't do it for me. The beginning with the death of her grandmother that was thought to be a witch, i thought it was going to lead into so much more, but it was more about her travels to America from England, then her struggles on people thinking she was a witch, in fact i didn't even feel i was reading a story based on "witch" at all. There wasn't anything really supporting that focus and it left me dissapointed, I would still like to read the second novel "The Sorceress" to see where she goes with the story, but after reading this im not expecting anything more then medicore.


3 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. I love books set during the Salem Witch Trials. I loved The Psychic Book of Deliverance Dane. There is a new YA book that just came out a little bit ago called "Wicked Girls"or something like that set during this time. Looks good!

    Welcome to blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have "wicked girls" on my wishlist, but i love books in that time period as well!!!

    and thanks for having me!!

    ReplyDelete