Thursday, February 17, 2011

Review for Kat, Incorrigible by: Stephanie Burgis



5 out of 5 stars!! 

Wow, I cannot remember the last time I read a middle grade story, probably since I was 10 years old or so, but WOW!! after reading this I may need to seriously pick some more out, because otherwise I would feel like I am seriously missing out!! I honestly don't even know why I recieved the ARC from Simon and Schuster, but not only was I shocked when I recieved it in the mail, but I also LOVED the story.

This book had the right amount of everything, from fantasty, to drama, to comedy, etc. It was a pleasent mixture of everything you'd want to find in a book. Kat was an amazing 12 year old narrator, and I absolutly adored her character, she was cute, comical, and very smart for her age. The story itself was interesing and I wanted to keep reading to find out what would happen next.

The only thing I can say about this book that would be of a critque nature would be that I felt that some of the word choices were a little bit advanced for a middle grade book, It was fine for me, but I think some 10 years old might have trouble with some of the terms, but then again it's been a long time since I was 10 years old, so maybe they arern't as advanced as I think they might be for someone of the age group.


All I can say is definitely go pick up this book, you will not be dissapointed!! I cannot wait to see what else Stephanie Burgis has in store for us and for Kat.

No comments:

Post a Comment