Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth







                 ReadingNook Rating: 5 out of 5 stars


** spoiler alert ** One choice can transform you, literally choosing to read this book will transform you! This book definitely lives up to the hype that surronds it. Dystopians are now becoming my favorite genre and YA and this one is probably my favorite i've read so far. I've never had sweaty palms and feet while reading a book like I did with Divergent, it is that action-packed, and descriptive to the point where you feel yourself immersed into this world and alongside the characters. 

The characters where do I begin, you have the kick-ass lead female character of Triss (Beatrice) who regrets her family and chooses the faction of Dauntless or in other words the fearless, and is just that, she's extremely fearless, and I loved her character, then you have her teacher Four who is super sexy and another kick-ass character!! 

The world is amazing, it's split into divisions or in this world factions, and at a certain age you take a test to determine the faction thats right for you, and decide which faction you want to be a part of, but not until you pass the tough inititation are you a welcome member of their society, and failing would make you factionless or homeless. 

This review dosen't do this book justice but just trust me and read this book, I was hesitant at first, and am so glad I read it anyways, This is probably the Debut novel of the year and i'm sure many people who've read it will agree with me!

2 comments:

  1. new follower! [:

    thanks for the review! I've only been hearing good things about this lately, definitely need to pick it up soon.

    stop by my blog if you get a chance: http://letsevaluate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for following!! i will check out your blog soon!!

    ReplyDelete