Thursday, July 21, 2011

Book Review: Playing Hurt By: Holly Schindler

ReadingNook Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Let me just start this review by prefacing that Holly Schindler's writing astounds me, Both of her books I completly devoured and Playing Hurt was my most anticipated release of the year, so if you have not read either A Blue So Dark, which was Holly's Debut Novel or her second novel Playing Hurt, what the heck are you waiting for??!!!

Playing Hurt is the story of a girl named Chelsea who's live is defined by playing basketball, she's a superstar at her highschool, colleges are watching her every move and she is on top of the world, until a tragic accident during a game changes everything. As a graduation gift Chelsea's father takes her family to a lake resort and enrolls Chelsea into a boot camp to hopefully get her back in the groove of being an athlete. She's immediately attracted to her 19 year old ex-hockey player Clint, but will their pasts continue to haunt their future, or are they just what the other needs to move on.....


Holly's writing is honestly breath-taking, she has a way of making you feel like you are immersed inside the story, and towards the middle of the book, I felt like I myself was Chelsea and that I was torn between my feelings for Clint, but my heart was breaking at the same time for Gabe. This isn't a typical love story in the respect that it's not mushy-gushy and lovey-dovey. It's very real, the emotions are real, the pain and struggle is real, and the feelings are honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment