Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Book Review: Past Perfect by: Leila Sales

ReadingNook Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

I originally heard about this book because of some of my fellow blogger friends! They told me I had to read Leila Sales, and because i'd heard nothing but good things, I knew I needed to give this author a try.

Leila wrote such a unique and interesting YA contemporary, yes maybe the overall theme and plot line were similar to many other contemps out there, but the setting in a colonial re-enactment village. Ever since 5th grade or so i've had a huge interest in the colonial time period, so this book seemed fresh and new, and I couldn't think of another YA that had this element in the story.

The main character Chelsea was snarky and realistic, and as teen-like as I could have imagined her to be. There's some Teen Angst, as well as tones of jealousy, lying, and betrayal, and of course the swoon-worthy Dan from across the way (A Civil War Re-enactment Village), who causes a far share of drama.

If you like contemporary, this is a fun, interesting, and unique story by Leila Sales. The setting made for an interesting twist on the story, and her writing style rang true to that of a teenage girl. I definitely need to get my hands on Mostly Good Girls now, and Thank God my friends told me to read some Leila Sales!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I've been wondering about this one. Now I really want to read it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete