Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Book Review: Everneath by: Brodi Ashton





Goodreads Summary: 


Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever. 

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists. 

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen. 

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's..







My Review: 




ReadingNook Rating: 3 out of 5 stars


Nikki Beckett was brought into the underworld, but unlike most people who venture there she made her way back to earth, but doesn't have long to make a decision about whether or not she's going to go back to the underworld and become queen or if she's going to choose the tunnels, which would be a life of misery and pain.

I heard fabulous things about this book, and was estatic to recieve an ARC of it to read and review, but It didn't live up to the expectation for me. I took me forever to get through and It didn't captivate me the way I wanted I had hoped it would.

I couldn't stand the main character Nikki she drove me nuts, she had a limited time to come home and say a final goodbye and instead of spending it with her father and younger brother she spent her time chasing after the boyfriend she left behind and spending time with her friends, which really fustrated me. I guess thats the overall feeling the book gave me was fustration. I wanted to love the story, the characters, the plot, but i didn't love them, which left me feeling extremely fustrated.

I did however love Jack who was Nikki's boyfriend she left behind, I found him to be swoon-worthy, and a bit of a hunk. He was so supportive, and understanding, and I really grew fond of him by the end of the story. Jack was probably one of the only things that kept me reading, because I was invested in his character.

Paranormal books are always a huge hit or miss with me though, so if you're truly a fan of YA paranormal you should give this book a try, because the majority of reviews are all postive. I do think the book deserves a chance, it wasn't a bad book, just not a book for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment