Sometimes going after what you want is the hardest thing you will ever do...
Meet Helen. Smart, successful and obliviously trapped. For the past six years, Helen has given her life and her heart to her cushy corporate finance job and to Mark without question. However as the Recession sweeps the Nation, she is one of many left unemployed and with the burning question of what does she really want in life.
RECESSION PROOF is a debut novel for anyone that has settled in their career and relationship but has discovered that what really matters in life is living it.
ReadingNook Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
I haven't read a Chick-Lit book i've falled in love with this hard in a long time! I gave myself plenty of time before my tour date to read this because i've been reading slower then normal lately (reading slump, blah...) and wanted to prepare myself. This book is 350 pages and normally (if I wasn't that invested in the story) It could take me 4-5 days to read, well I read this book in all of two sittings. I got so engrossed in the story and the characters that I couldn't put the book down and the hours seemed to fly right by.
This book had everything a good Chick-Lit should have; a strong female character, which is definitely the case with Helen, and a swoon-worthy love interest Nate ( oh swoon, swoon). I loved the relationship between the two of them and the twists and turns they faced and overcame as a couple. I enjoyed the fact that Helen really grew as a person in the novel and you were right there with her every step of the way.
If your looking for Chick-Lit at its finest, you need to check this book out. I'm so glad I was able to be a part of this tour, and for this being Kimberly's debut novel, I'm so excited to see what else she has in her writing arsonal. Her writing style was quirky, real, fun, and believable. I cannot rave about this book enough. It got me out of a pretty bad reading slump and was just what I needed a book to be. (P.S. for all my YA-lovers out there this book is Anna and the French Kiss of the Chick-Lit genre)
- Website: http://www.kimberlyslin.com/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KimberlySLin
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/KimberlySLin
- Minted Magazine: http://www.mintedmag.com/
- eBook: http://www.amazon.com/Recession-Proof-ebook/dp/B005DI49L0
- Paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Recession-Proof-Kimberly-S-Lin/dp/1463584520/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1308836155&sr=1-1http://www.amazon.com/Recession-Proof-Kimberly-S-Lin/dp/1463584520/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1308836155&sr=1-1
- Barnes & Noble
- eBook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/recession-proof-kimberly-s-lin/1104167965?ean=2940032958666&itm=1&usri=recession+proof+by+kimberly+s.+lin
- Paperback: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/recession-proof-daniel-maiman/1031681876
- Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/115208