Sunday, May 20, 2012

Book Review & Guest Post: Becoming a Butterfly By: Mia Castile

Goodreads Summary:


16 year old Lacey was never the center of attention, unless she was tripping, stammering, or being deposited into a pool by the local popular kids. All she wanted was to fit in, until one night when everything changed.
Jade and Tasha, her two best friends, helped her create an online personality that was everything she wanted to be - and it was only the beginning. In doing so she attracted the attention of Henry, her lifelong crush and next door neighbor. Unfortunately it was Farrah, her online personality and not herself, he was interested in.
She also attracted Chase the brooding, quiet, anti-social new kid of Brownsburg High School, who easily figured out her secret and blackmailed her. They forged a friendship that was both unique and complicated.
Lacey must decide if revealing herself to Henry and her entire school as the cool, charming, and funny Farrah is worth possibly losing him forever, and she finds herself needing to make an even harder decision than she ever thought possible. When did the lines between truth and lies get so blurred?

Becoming a Butterfly is a story about coming of age and finding yourself when you never knew you were lost.









My Review: 




ReadingNook Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Right from the beginning pages of this book I was completely hooked. I was extremely invested in the character, and because there were so many unexpected twists and turns, I simply COULDN'T put this book down. I read the story in only a couple sittings and my only complaint is that I wasn't aware it was a series when I started the book and because of that I expected closure and didn't get any. It left me wanting more and dying to know what happened with Lacey and her situation amoungst Chase and Henry, and her best friends. 

Now onto the characters, I adored Lacey I felt for her every step of the way because not fitting in and being bullied is one of the hardest things you have to deal with as a young girl/boy growing up, and both her and her younger sister Lana dealt with a tremendous amount of bullying. I loved Chase he was completely sexy and I loved his bad boy persona that covered his caring, heart of gold on the inside. I even had a pretty soft spot for Henry and couldn't even decide throughout the book who I wanted Lacey to end up with in the end, simply because I was as confused as she was.

This book is completely fast-paced, and enthralling and I cannot wait for the second book. If your a fan of YA contemporary you need to get your hands on a copy of this book, even though its self-published it's one of the best written young adult contemporaries I have ever read, (and I've read quite a few). 

Mia Castle left me wanting more, and I can't wait to see where this story goes. Her writing was captivating in a way that most people that have ever felt inadequate or that they don't quite fit in can relate too. Bravo Mia Castile, and I can't wait to see where you take this story!! 



Guest Post: 



Laura, thank you for having me on your blog and reviewing Becoming A Butterfly.
If I weren’t a writer, then I would be. . .
When I was 5, I wanted to work at a gas station because I liked the smell of gas. I fulfilled my dream when I was twenty. It was not that great of a job, but I did get free carwashes. I still like the smell of gas, just not as intensely as I did as a 5 year old.
I shelved books as a page in a library when I was in high school. It was my first job; I was saving up for car insurance, and spending money. I didn’t like reading then, but I loved the section where Calvin and Hobbs were shelved, and sometimes hid in that corner reading those books.
I threw paint at Sherwin Williams my senior year of high school. I continued working there through my first year of college and returned after I dropped out of college, while I discovered myself.
When I went to college, I worked in the IT department, as a consultant in the labs, and also delivered AV to the classrooms. Mostly I chatted online though.
While I tried to discover myself I got a real job at a local home service company dispatching plumbers to service calls. I stayed at that job and ended up working in the call center and moved up the levels to taking care of customer care issues, and later becoming the assistant manager of the call center. It was a stressful job, but very rewarding when I solved customer’s problems. I also trained, and enjoyed that immensely.
I loved selling real estate. Looking at homes and building flyers. When my son came along I couldn’t devote as much attention to it and sadly, let that dream go.  But now, I assist a realtor part time as her personal assistant, it’s a rewarding position.
Then there is the Publishing Company and writing that I do. I’m the happiest I’ve been . . . ever. I think I’ve had enough jobs to say that I don’t think I would be doing anything else if I didn’t write. It’s my passion and my pleasure.  So before you spend a lifetime at a job, make sure it’s what makes you happy and is something you love doing.



If you would like to read other bloggers reviews check out the blog hop list: HERE!


For more information on Mia Castile you can visit here at:
http://www.miacastile.com
http://www.facebook.com/miacastilenovels
http://www.twitter.com/miacastile



1 comment:

  1. That's a broad range of jobs Mia! So glad you enjoyed Becoming a Butterfly Laura!

    ReplyDelete