Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Audiobook Review: About Average by: Andrew Clements

My Review: 




ReadingNook Rating: 4 out of 5 stars


I've just started getting into audiobooks, and this was the first middle grade audiobook I've listened too. It was short and sweet and only two discs long but I was able to listen to it in one commute to and from work which was nice to get the full story in one day. I feel like most girls have felt like they were just average at one point or another in life whether it be in looks or abilities or talents. That being said it made the main character Jordan that much more relatible.


She made a goal for herself that by the end of the year she would find something that would make her more then ordinary. In fact, she was aiming for extraordinary. Her big moment happens for her at a time completely unexpected and in way that she would never assume would be her shining moment.


I loved this story, it was so cute, and had a great message to it as well.I didn't expect the twist that the book turned in at all and for that I really enjoyed it that much more. I liked Celia Keenan-Bolger who was the narrator of the audiobook, her voice was easy to listen too, and it fit the story. I would recommend this audiobook to anyone with younger kids, as well as adults that enjoy a good middle-grade story every once in a while.









Expected Publication Date: July 24th from Atheneum Books 
Purchase Your Copy: Here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment