Thursday, June 13, 2013

Audiobook Review: Walking Disaster by: Jamie McGuire

Goodreads Summary: 

Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. 

Can you love someone too much?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.





My Review: 

ReadingNook Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

I listened to both of these books on audiobook, and the first book Perfect Disaster was one of my favorite books of last year, unfortantly as much as I loved the first one this one fell a bit flat to me. I liked Travis's character in the first book, and I agree with most of the other people that reviewed this book that I liked Travis even more after hearing his side of the story, but I guess I wanted Jamie to push the envelope a little farther, and changed the storyline a bit to make it more refreshing and new.

It felt like I was listening to the same story all over again, but with minor details changed and with a man's voice versus Abby's in Beautiful Disaster. Jamie McGuire does have a way of writing that is completly entrancing and addictive. I know people either love or hate this series, and i'm definitly one that loves it. I didn't dislike Walking Disaster, I just wish it added more to the story then it did in the end. I wanted much more from the story.

I can see how people could not like the story, Travis can be a bit stalkerish and creepy, but if you can try to look past that, Travis is pretty hunky, and what girl wouldn't want to be loved with an all-consuming love like Travis has for Abby?

If you haven't read any New Adult books as of yet, then you need to start here with Perfect Disaster. This series is fun, addictive, and fabulous. I can't wait to read more from Jamie McGuire and see what else she has in store for us.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say I fall into the category of those who absolutely hated this series. I couldn't get past Travis' controlling and boarder line abusive behaviour. And Abby's doormat ways. Haha. I also listened to both these books on audio and I have to say I love Dan Bittner's voice.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really enjoyed Beautiful Disaster. I read it in the Spring, and I own Walking Disaster, but I'm not in a huge hurry to read it. I think it's for the reasons you stated, that the story is too close to the first. I'll wait until BD isn't so fresh in my mind. But hey, I'm always looking for a good audio, and I may go ahead and try it in that format at some point.

    ReplyDelete