Saturday, November 27, 2010

Review: Fixing Delilah by: Sarah Ockler

I was so happy too find the ARC of tis book at my friends of the library sale and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. This book is about a teenage girl named Delilah Hannaford that loses her estranged grandmother and goes to clean out her house with her mom and aunt who she hasn't seen in quite some time. Delilah gets more then she bargains for that summer when reasons for leaving her hometown and family years ago start unfolding and why she hasn't seen or talked to her grandmother and aunt in so long. This is a coming of age novel in where Delilah deals with self discovery but also how secrets and lies can greatly effect a family and her life forever. While this book has pretty serious subject matter there was a soft humor to it that really created a nice balance in the novel. I would definitely recommend to go out and pick this book up.

5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment