Friday, March 11, 2011

Review: Populazzi By: Elise Allen





4 out of 5 stars



This was a very cute light read, which is nice once in a while after reading more intense novels. Elise Allen did a great job of making the story unique with an adequete amount of twists and turns to make you want to keep reading. I enjoyed the "popular" group and enjoyed the main character Cara and the whole premise of climbing the social ladder. The only character that really got under my skin was Cara's best friend, I felt like she only cared about herself and really just left a bad taste in my mouth. I wanted to constantly smack some sense into her!! The rest of the characters were very likeable, and I really enjoyed the story.
The story could have been very predictable considering the idea of a not popular girl becoming popular and the rise and fall of her popularity, but Elise Allen did a phenomanal job with keeping this book unique and unpredictable, A lot of the twists and turns I had no idea were going to happen, it was a fast read and I stayed glued to the story until I was finished. I cannot wait to see what other great books Elise Allen has in store for us!!

You should all check this book out, you won't be dissapointed!!!

2 comments:

  1. ooh - definitely one to add to my list. Thanks again! Great review and info on characters.

    ReplyDelete