Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (16)

Goodreads Summary: 


Robie, 15, lives with her family on the Midway atoll, a group of islands in the middle of the Pacific. Her parents are scientists; it’s an isolated life. Robie enjoys visiting her aunt in Hawaii – she gets back and forth on a cargo plane that brings supplies to Midway.

During a visit, her aunt is called to the mainland for a work emergency, leaving Robie to get home on her own. On her flight back to Midway the cargo plane hits nasty weather, and goes down. It’s just Robie, the pilot, and Max, a co-pilot she’s never met till this flight, on board. Robie is pulled aboard a raft by Max, who is injured and slipping in and out of consciousness. They have a bag of candy and very little water between them. When they finally reach an island that seems abandoned, Robie hopes they’ll be found quickly. But she’s not sure she was even on the flight manifest. Her parents must be looking for her…aren’t they?

In THE RAFT, S.A. Bodeen creates a hair-raising suspense story that will have readers agonizing over the same question as Robie -- how long can they survive?





Expected Publication: August 21st, 2012 from Fiewel and Friends
Preorder: HERE!!




Why I Cannot Wait for This Book: Ever since reading Hatchet when I was younger, I've always loved survival stories. They always seems to grip me and I feel like I fly right through them. This one sounded unique and I haven't read anything like this, so I can't wait until I can read this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment